In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
1. PLUNGE LOCATION - On the Southside of the Oceanic Pier (703 S. Lumina Ave., Wrightsville Beach, NC)
2. PLUNGE DAY CHECK-IN (Shirt, Arm Band and Gear Pick-Up) will begin at 10:30 AM at the large blue Race Full Send Tent located on the beach at the Plunge Location. If you checked in and picked up your armband on Friday you DO NOT need to come to the Check In Tent
3. PARKING - There is LIMITED Parking near the Plunge so you are encouraged to use the shuttle. Please refer to the Parking Instruction section of our website.
4. ARRIVE EARLY! Beat the crowds and traffic by arriving at the beach early! The weather will be perfect - so bring your coffee/breakfast/beach chair and plan to spend the morning on the beach!
5. PLUNGE MERCH TENT - We will have hoodies, beach towels, sun shirts, beanies, magnets and raffle tickets available for sale on the beach. Limited Quantities are available so stop by the Plunge Merch Tent early!
6. SHIRT SWAP - We will not be able to swap out sizes or colors of your plunge shirt the day of the Plunge.
Join us at Wrightsville Beach on January 1st and kick off your New Year by Plungin' for a Purpose!
The 9th Annual Wrightsville Plunge benefits Communities In Schools of Cape Fear, which works to help keep kids in school, and on the path to graduation. What a great way to support our region's youth, and have a blast at the same time!
Your choice of a long sleeve or shirt sleeve shirt is included with your registration. .
This year we are offering two Plunge Options!
Option 1 - Take the Plunge in Person at Wrightsville Beach on January 1st.
Option 2 -Satellite Plunge - anytime and anywhere on January 1st.
If you can't make it to Wrightsville Beach for New Years Day - Gather your friends and family and do a Satellite Plunge! Last year we had Satellite Plunges in Carolina Beach, Surf City, NC and as far away as the Netherlands! How many Satellite Plunges will we have in 2023. Share your plunge experience by posting to social media and tagging #wrightsvilleplunge
Registration includes Your Choice of Long Sleeve or Short Sleeve Shirt
Free Shuttle from Wrightsville Beach Park
Register TODAY to save your place for the 2023 Plunge.
Your choice of Long Sleeve or Short Sleeve Shirt.
The mission of Communities In Schools of Cape Fear is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. To fulfill our mission, we place staff inside targeted, high-need public schools, who work directly with vulnerable students and those with the greatest risk of dropping out throughout the school day. We empower over 1,500 students to stay in school and on the path to graduation each year. Our trained student support specialists do this by partnering with counselors and teachers, mobilizing the community to offer extra support, and doing whatever it takes to help students succeed. Our unique model works because it’s based on national research, driven by community relationships and supported by local resources. Current programs include Student Support Specialists at 27 area schools, afterschool programs at 6 schools in Pender County and at our downtown youth center, WIRE; literacy and STEM-based summer programs, and programming to support and empower teen parents.
During the 2021/2022 school year we served 15,416 students and families with widely accessible supports such as providing school supplies and hosting career fairs, while case-managing an additional 1,746 students, providing them with one-on-one and small group academic and behavior supports, and connecting them with community resources to help address both academic and non-academic needs.
99% stayed in school,
87% improved academically,
77% improved attendance, and
71% improved behavior.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Take the Plunge in 21
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.